Monday, June 7, 2010

Stalling

I've quit posting because I've quit making progress...and I am sick of it. I've thought of activity after activity that I can do to get some exercise, but I just can't seem to get on board and stick with any of them.

  • I did some ocean swimming while on vacation and loved it, so I thought I'd take up swimming at the gym when I got home. Got a swim cap and everything...yet to even try it out.

  • Groupon had a great deal for Bikram Yoga classes (which I've thought about doing, but never done) so I bought the classes, along with a yoga mat and yoga pants. Still not attended a class or used the yoga mat.

I could go on and on, but I don't see the point. I have to quit dwelling on the downside and just get moving on something!

Any motivational tips or tools that any of you have found helpful?

2 comments:

Keri said...

Just don't give up. When I feel i'm in a slump I strip it all down and get back to basics!!! Water water water... sweat sweat sweat and fruits & veggies! You can do this!!!!!!!

TJ said...

Here is something that I use: http://metamorphicjourney.blogspot.com/2010/03/bodymedia-fit-review.html

I find that seeing my inactive life in black and white seems so bad that I have to get up and do something. You can't argue with the numbers in my mind :)

Also, another thing that I have found is start small. Do a 10 minute walk today. Do it two more times this week. Next week do 10 minutes again, but on your third day add 5 minutes. Keep adding 5 minutes to one work out each week. Once you get to 20 minutes on each day add in an additional day - starting at 10 minutes again. Keep this up until you get to 20 minutes 5 times a week. Then aim for 30, 40, 50, and 60. It may take a long time, but for now you have to make yourself do the 10 minutes. 10 minutes is quick it is easier to explain it to yourself.

Good luck!!