Saturday, June 19, 2010

Steppin'

I read somewhere that the average number of steps one takes is around 10,000 steps.

I got a little curious and thought it'd be neat to see how many steps I put in per day. I picked up a nifty little pedometer at Target to get me started. I know it isn't top of the line, but I just wanted to get an idea as to where I am .
I figure I can use this as a little motivational tool...you know, try to outdo my steps from the day before and everything. So, how many steps do you think I'll clock tomorrow??

3 comments:

Janelle said...

My doctor wanted me to get 10,000 per day, I was under the impression that is more than the average person. Weird!

THE DASH! said...

I heard what Janelle heard. 7000 is around a normal day, 10,000 if you want to lose weight. So figuring you're on the weight loss trail... lets guess..ahh 8000? (Cos we all have to work up to it.) lol. Have fun with your new toy. :)

Roo said...

I tried this a few years ago. Did really well, making sure I clocked 10,000 (making up for it with an evening walk if needed)...that was until one day I went to the toilet at worked and it popped off my pants into the toilet! That was the end of that! LOL