Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I gotta take my Vitamins!

Heard back from the Doc/Nurse. I've been instructed to take:

  • 2 gummy multi-vitamins, 4 times daily
  • 750 mg liquid (blech!) Calcium Magnesium Citrate, 5 times daily
  • 2,000 IU Vitamin D, twice daily
  • 50,000 IU Vitamin D, 3 times a week
  • 2 Chromagen Forte 150 (Iron), twice daily
  • 1,000 mg B12 injections, twice weekly
  • 30 g protein (in powder form), 3 times daily

I am supposed to do this for two months, have my labs done again and they will determine if I can continue taking at these levels, or if the doses need to be upped.

Is it just me, or does this sounds a little excessive!?! They all have to be spaced just so because some have to be taken with food, some without, some can't be taken at the same time as the others. And, this doesn't even include my normal daily prescriptions (the pill, etc.)!

I am all for being healthy, but this seems a little over the top to me. Are these the levels of supplements that your Doctors are encouraging you to take...or am I just 'lucky'?

4 comments:

THE DASH! said...

It does sound a little excessive.. but on the positive side, think of all the water you will have to drink to get them down. Still, I don't envy you.. rattling fat to fit is what we will hear.

Roo said...

My doctor hasn't even really suggested taking any other tablets except multi vitamin...I have decided to take a calcium tablet and an iron tablet myself, just to make sure....you defintely will be rattling!

Melly said...

Well, if your labs have tanked so badly sometimes it is the case that you have to take high doses of vitamins. That's why it is so important to maintain good nutrition and take your vitamins from the beginning. You will be fine though. Take what you've been instructed and hopefully, you will be able to come down on some of those requirements in the coming months.

wannabthinagain said...

wow..that does seem like an insane amount, but i guess your labs show that you need this, hopefully not for long!