Friday, October 9, 2009

No fill for you...err, I mean me.

My fill appointment was a complete and total waste of time...and money!


I was seen by a new (not so nice) nurse. Based on the tightness I have in the morning she wouldn't give me a fill. What!?! Bummer.

The results from my labs that I had taken on Monday hadn't arrived at their office, so I had no reason to even show up. The lab results were faxed over as I was walking out of my appointment, which I was still charged for.

She said she would 'review my labs after she gets back from lunch and then will call in any prescriptions I may need.'
Turns out my levels are super low on just about everything...except protein!
I have got to get my butt in gear and get back on all my supplements on a regular basis.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, don't that just bite ! So, what does this mean now ?

Melly said...

Oh no! Do you take your multi-vitamins? I take 2 flintstone chewables and I drink at least 1 glass of skim milk per day. All my labs were good. In my personal opinion, and this is just me talking out my ass, I think doctors push the protein thing waaay too much. You need those other food groups for a reason. Maybe try incorporating a good vitamin? How are you feeling lately?

THE DASH! said...

Pfft, nurses, I swear, what do they know, seriously. Wouldn't it be better to let you have a say in this: after all you know your body and mind better than she does and could probably refuse the fill if you thought you didn't need it. But you do and she didn't come to the party and that sux!