Monday, October 5, 2009

Take 3 or 4 big gulps...

This morning I had my 1 year post-op (a little late!) labs and upper GI swallow done in preparation for my check up/fill appointment this Friday

Now really, is there anything that tastes worse than that barium gunk they make you drink for the x-ray!?! I was seriously struggling to keep from gagging the stuff back up!

The radiologist said that my stoma was so small he was curious as to how I was able to handle solids. This surprised me! I scheduled a fill because I thought I was too loose.

Now I am unsure of if I want to keep my fill appointment or not. Normally I wouldn't cancel it, but my Doc charges $200 an appointment and I don't want to go if I have no reason to be seen. I'll marinate on it for a day or so before I decide...

1 comments:

THE DASH! said...

Oh those tricky fills. Having just been through the same "Do I, or don't I" maybe err on the side of caution. It just means a little longer going the way you are. I mean, you have to eat!