Thursday, September 24, 2009

Back to school

Tonight I head back to school. Ugh. I have quite the busy schedule. I work M-F 6:30-3:30 and then I go to night school M-Th from 5:00-10:00. This leaves little time for exercise and leads me to make some less than stellar choices when it comes to eating. You know...the whole convenient over healthy thing. Thus, my super slow weight loss progress.


I plan and plan and plan healthy ways to eat and exercise that fit into my school/work/barely there social life schedule, but plans don't always work out as hoped. I've decided that I need to make more realistic plans and have them be smaller plans that can be added to as progress allows.

To start out, I've decided on a healthy, filling dinner that I can eat before or during school. Wendy's chili. We're coming up on cold weather, so a warm, hearty chili seemed like a good idea. It's cheap ($1!), filling, full of protein and I actually like it. It's one of the healthier, smarter choices as far as fast food goes.

Anyone else have any great on-the-go (code: no refrigeration/microwave required) meals that work well for them? I figure that as much as I like this chili, I will get bored eating it every day!

1 comments:

jennyr1222 said...

Okay lady...that is a crappy and challenging schedule! Love your idea about the chili. YUM! Can't think of any other on the go things yet, but I'll try to come up with some.